COVID-19 Update: Our courses are still running. Our offices are closed but we are working remotely to serve you. See our information page for details.
Canada Locale FlagBC
Canada Locale FlagAB Canada Locale FlagON Canada Locale FlagSK

Continuing Teacher Education

Faculty of Education

COVID-19 Information

A question mark in a blue circle

Q: Is the CTE and Professional Studies office open?

We’re all working remotely, but yes, all of our courses are still running. We continue to respond to emails and phone calls and process applications within 1–2 business days.

A question mark in a blue circle

Q: How do I receive a refund for my dropped course?

Please see the Fees & Refunds page for more information. Refunds will be processed in 7–10 business days.

We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone. However, our refund policy remains the same. Please review our Refund and Fees policy before you accept and pay for your course.

Refund Schedule

If you drop a course:

  • by the end of the first week (Friday) of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
  • by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
  • any time after the midpoint of the course, you will not receive a refund.
A question mark in a blue circle

Q: How do I get a receipt for my income tax?

To get a receipt for your AQ/ABQ course:

  • Log into your Queen's portal using your NetID and password.
  • Click on SOLUS.
  • Under SOLUS, click on SOLUS Student Center.
  • Under Finances click on Account Inquiry.
  • Click on Payments.

Tax Receipts (T2202A)

If you are taking a Fall-Winter course it will span two tax years. Your T2202A will be split in two, half for each year.

Federal T2202A tax forms will be available on February 28th. Follow the instructions below to print off a copy of your T2202A tax receipt:

  • Log into your Queen's portal using your NetID and password.
  • Click on SOLUS in panel on the left.
  • Under Finances click on Other Financial.
  • Click on T2202A Tax Forms.
  • Ensure you have pop-up blockers turned off, as your receipt will pop up in a new window.

If you have any questions about your income tuition tax receipt, please contact:

  • Office of the University Registrar
  • Records and Services
  • 74 Union St. 1st Floor
  • Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6
A question mark in a blue circle

Q: How do I receive my mailed certificate and transcript?

As we are working remotely, we are unable to mail your documents to the address provided on your SOLUS account. We will be uploading your documents to your OneDrive account. You will be able to access an official transcript from the University and a PDF of your certificate.

Please note that your certificate and transcript will be available while your Queen's NetID is still active. We recommend you save your documents to your computer while you still have access. If you have any difficulties accessing your Queens email account, contact IT services for assistance by visiting

Please also note the CTE office is only providing transcripts through your one drive. The CTE office does not provided documents to third parties. If you require an official transcript to be sent to TQS directly, you will need to order a transcript through the Registrars office. The Registration office will send a password protected transcript to TQS directly. For further information can be found in the link below regarding how to order a transcript or when your transcript will be sent to TQS.

To order a transcript, visit