||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
This course emphasizes the importance of Health and Physical Education (H.P.E) in the lives of intermediate students (grades 7 to 10). As you progress through the course, you will learn how to teach H.P.E. to meet the Ontario Ministry of Education requirements and you will also learn how to make an interesting, engaging and safe learning environment. The tasks and assignments in this course will give you insights into the skills and attitudes young adolescent students need to acquire in the area of health and physical fitness.
You will have opportunities to consider the growing number of issues that intermediate students face, e.g. , bullying, issues of abuse, sexuality, and peer pressure. This course enables you to explore these concerns and provides you with practical strategies to address them in your teaching. The following topics are also important components of the course: meeting the individual needs of students, differentiated learning and addressing the needs of students with exceptionalities. The culminating course assignment provides a practical learning opportunity for you to synthesize all the ideas and information presented throughout the course.
What You'll Learn
By the completion of this course, you will be introduced to different instructional styles, Intermediate HPE. Ministry curriculum document review, and have had the opportunity to converse with colleagues to gain insight, knowledge and experience in teaching HPE.
You will complete activities that will:
- allow you to interact with your peers;
- search relevant journals and websites;
- provide the opportunity for reflective practice; and
- give you a large bank of classroom-ready ideas and resources.
1) OCT MEMBERSHIP
We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm you are an OCT member with an undergraduate degree.
2) YOUR UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT(S)*
Your transcript(s) must show: The equivalent of 3.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses in Health and Physical Education/Kinesiology or the equivalent of 2.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses if you already hold another intermediate qualification. Courses must include a combination of Health and Physical Education courses.
*If you completed a Queen's undergrad (at any time), or a B.Ed., Honour Specialist, or an Intermediate or Senior ABQ course with us within the last 4 years you are not required to resend your transcripts.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.