||Jan 22, 2024 – Apr 05, 2024
||Jan 12, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Jan 16, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Jan 18, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Apr 08, 2024 – Jun 07, 2024
||Mar 29, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Apr 02, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Apr 04, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Jun 24, 2024 – Aug 09, 2024
||Jun 14, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Jun 18, 2024 at 1pm PT
||Jun 20, 2024 at 1pm PT
Deadline dates are subject to change.
- Course Dates: Jan 22, 2024 – Apr 05, 2024
- Application Deadline: Jan 12, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Document Deadline: Jan 16, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Payment Deadline: Jan 18, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Course Dates: Apr 08, 2024 – Jun 07, 2024
- Application Deadline: Mar 29, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Document Deadline: Apr 02, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Payment Deadline: Apr 04, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Course Dates: Jun 24, 2024 – Aug 09, 2024
- Application Deadline: Jun 14, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Document Deadline: Jun 18, 2024 at 1pm PT
- Payment Deadline: Jun 20, 2024 at 1pm PT
As an educator, you play a crucial role in establishing an early learning environment of tolerance and acceptance among young students. In this course, you will explore your personal biases through the lens of equity, diversity and inclusion while working to develop the critical thinking skills required in 21st-century teaching. In this course, you will be able to develop your pedagogy while building a toolbox of resources focusing on equitable, diverse and inclusive educational practices and skills. Your developing understanding of educational equity, diversity and inclusion will be applied in the course's culminating student case study task.
What You Will Learn and Do
In this course you’ll have the opportunity to
- unpack and explore your own understanding and biases around equity, diversity and inclusion
- set a culturally responsive intention to shift and develop your education practice and pedagogy
- recognize new ways in which you might include equitable, diverse and inclusive practice in your teaching
- understand the importance of First Peoples Principles of Learning being intentionally woven into school and classroom practice and pedagogy
- generate a wider variety of essential supports that can be applied in classroom settings to create an environment of equity, diversity and inclusion
- explore how play is used as a tool to ensure the K-3 Early Learning Framework is equitable and accessible to all learners
- apply an inquiry-based lens to broaden the accessibility of content in your K-3 classroom
Each module includes a variety of resources, such as articles, videos, websites, podcasts and other media, as well as discussion posts, reflective tasks, collaborative tasks, culminating tasks, and assignments.
|Module 1: Foundational Understandings
|Module 2: Culturally Responsive Planning and Teaching
Progress Update 1
|Module 3: Play as the Equalizer
|Module 4: Applying First Peoples Principles of Learning and Early Learning Framework
|Module 5: Building Equitable Academic Opportunities
Progress Update 2
|Module 6: Applying Integrated Essential Supports
|Module 7: Pulling Your Learning Together
Courses and Post-Graduate Certificates are approved by TQS for Category Upgrade. If you would like these courses to be used towards Category Upgrading, you must have a valid BC Teacher Certificate.
ECEs, EAs, and other education professionals are welcome to take the courses without Certification.
There are no additional resources required for this course.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall 2023||Nov 04, 2023||Dec 08, 2023|
|Fall/Winter 2023||Dec 23, 2023||Feb 09, 2024|
|Winter 2024||Feb 27, 2024||Apr 05, 2024|
|Late Winter 2024||Mar 20, 2024||Apr 19, 2024|
|Spring 2024||May 08, 2024||Jun 07, 2024|
|Late Spring 2024||Jun 01, 2024||Jun 28, 2024|
|Summer 2024||Jul 17, 2024||Aug 09, 2024|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Nov 04, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Dec 08, 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 23, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 09, 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 27, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 05, 2024
Late Winter 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 20, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 19, 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 08, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 07, 2024
Late Spring 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 01, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 28, 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 17, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 09, 2024
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.