||Sep 26, 2022 – Dec 02, 2022
||Sep 23, 2022
||Jan 23, 2023 – Apr 07, 2023
||Jan 20, 2023
- Dates: Sep 26, 2022 – Dec 02, 2022
- Deadline: Sep 23, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jan 23, 2023 – Apr 07, 2023
- Deadline: Jan 20, 2023
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
As the number of English language learners in BC schools continues to rise, this elective course is a practical choice for teachers who wish to develop cultural awareness and manage a diverse classroom. It is also excellent preparation for anyone who would like to learn more about working in a culturally diverse setting. In this course, you will learn about your own preferences and approaches regarding communication and interaction in the classroom and how to recognize and respond to cultural differences when interacting with others. In an intercultural setting, you'll develop a learning philosophy and employ strategies and tools that support authentic learning in a diverse classroom. By the end of the course, you will create a resource hub focusing on teaching and learning in an intercultural setting. You'll demonstrate your understanding of intercultural competence and facilitate cultural diversity.
In this course, you'll have the opportunity to
- develop an understanding of cultural diversity dimensions
- identify your own preference and approaches for classroom communication and interaction
- share experiences of working and teaching in an intercultural setting
- identify and evaluate tools and strategies for understanding and facilitating diversity
- develop an understanding of cultural dimensions and competencies
- comprehend the role that culture plays in learning
- recognize and respond to cultural differences when engaged in a learning interaction with others
Courses and Post-Graduate Certificates are approved by TQS for Category Upgrade. If you would like these courses to be used towards Category Upgrading, you must have a valid BC Teacher Certificate.
ECEs, EAs, and other education professionals are welcome to take the courses without Certification.
Electronic resources are available within the course.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
|Fall 2022||Oct 28, 2022||Dec 02, 2022|
|Fall/Winter 2022||Dec 23, 2022||Feb 10, 2023|
|Winter 2023||Feb 24, 2023||Apr 07, 2023|
|Late Winter 2023||Mar 17, 2023||Apr 21, 2023|
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Oct 28, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Dec 02, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 23, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 10, 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 24, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 07, 2023
Late Winter 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 17, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 21, 2023
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.