||Sep 26, 2022 – Dec 02, 2022
||Sep 23, 2022
||Jan 23, 2023 – Apr 07, 2023
||Jan 20, 2023
- Dates: Sep 26, 2022 – Dec 02, 2022
- Deadline: Sep 23, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jan 23, 2023 – Apr 07, 2023
- Deadline: Jan 20, 2023
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
The emphasis in this course is on the development of student-centered teaching strategies for teaching and learning in life science and related courses. The course is designed to promote strategies that support students' conceptual development and enduring understandings.
In this course teachers will:
• inquire into practice through reflection, active engagement, and collaboration with colleagues and the instructor
• explore and implement curriculum expectations of the BC Ministry of Education
• assess and integrate teaching and learning strategies for student learning in life sciences and related studies
• develop foundations to design curriculum for life sciences
• create learning environments conducive to the development of the competencies as they relate to life sciences and related studies
• assess and implement resources to enhance the teaching and learning in life sciences
• apply strategies to enhance the school community, including parents, students, colleagues, staff, and the community
• analyze and develop responses to issues and innovations in the teaching and learning of life sciences
Courses and Post-Graduate Certificates are approved by TQS for Category Upgrade. If you would like these courses to be used towards Category Upgrading, you must have a valid BC Teacher Certificate.
ECEs, EAs, and other education professionals are welcome to take the courses without Certification.
This course has no required resources.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
|Fall 2022||Oct 28, 2022||Dec 02, 2022|
|Fall/Winter 2022||Dec 23, 2022||Feb 10, 2023|
|Winter 2023||Feb 24, 2023||Apr 07, 2023|
|Late Winter 2023||Mar 17, 2023||Apr 21, 2023|
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Oct 28, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Dec 02, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 23, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 10, 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 24, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 07, 2023
Late Winter 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 17, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 21, 2023
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.