||Sep 26, 2022 – Dec 02, 2022
||Sep 23, 2022
||Jan 23, 2023 – Apr 07, 2023
||Jan 20, 2023
- Dates: Sep 26, 2022 – Dec 02, 2022
- Deadline: Sep 23, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jan 23, 2023 – Apr 07, 2023
- Deadline: Jan 20, 2023
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
In this course students will have the opportunity to gain a better understanding of Senior Science content, and the relationship between it and other policies that outline best practices. The course will also offer new and diverse ways of creating and presenting content using a variety of differentiated instructional approaches that embed equity and inclusivity.
In this course students will have the opportunity to:
• strategies to promote culturally responsive and relevant learning environments for all learners
• techniques to have students ideate and prototype ideas based on the design-think model
• how to apply Indigenous ways of knowing in your daily science teaching and learning and apply it to your teaching practice
• how to evaluate student learning using a variety of assessment and evaluation strategies, such as pedagogical documentation and running records
Be Able to
• synthesize a variety of differentiated instructional strategies to promote student inquiry, communication and application skills
• synthesize integrated project-based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) learning opportunities
Courses and Post-Graduate Certificates are approved by TQS for Category Upgrade. If you would like these courses to be used towards Category Upgrading, you must have a valid BC Teacher Certificate.
ECEs, EAs, and other education professionals are welcome to take the courses without Certification.
This course has no required resources.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
|Fall 2022||Oct 28, 2022||Dec 02, 2022|
|Fall/Winter 2022||Dec 23, 2022||Feb 10, 2023|
|Winter 2023||Feb 24, 2023||Apr 07, 2023|
|Late Winter 2023||Mar 17, 2023||Apr 21, 2023|
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Oct 28, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Dec 02, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 23, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 10, 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 24, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 07, 2023
Late Winter 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 17, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 21, 2023
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.