||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
Computer Technology is an exciting mixture of hands-on technological education combined with theoretical aspects of computer science, binary number manipulation, and hardware concepts. Teaching students to appreciate and understand the foundations of computer technology will prepare them for future studies and careers. In the Additional Qualifications course Computer Technology, Grades 9 and 10, you’ll learn strategies to plan, teach, and assess concepts ranging from computer programming, electronics, and hardware to networking and binary numbers to prepare your students for the future.
1) OCT MEMBERSHIP We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm you are an OCT member.
2) WORK EXPERIENCE LETTERS (not required if you already have Technological Education qualifications)
**Work experience letters must include a start and end date, as well as confirm if the work was part or full time.
For one year of related post-secondary or less you must have five years of full-time wage-earning experience or 10 years of teaching experience in the subject.
For a two year related program you must have three years of full-time wage-earning experience or six years of teaching experience in the subject.
For a three year related program you must have two years of full-time wage-earning experience or four years of teaching experience in the subject.
- Computer Hardware & Systems (CPU, mainboard, disc drives, RAM, video and sound cards)
- Computer Assembly (essential functions of operating system, upgrading, function of BIOS)
- Network Assembly, Programming and Development (bandwidth, throughput, full/half duplex, TCP/IP addressing, firewalls, encryption)
- Data Representation and Digital Logic (binary, hexadecimal numbers)
- Installation and configuration of Windows and Linux
- Programming (basic computer programming including variables, input-output, if-statements and loops)
- Electronics (theory and construction of circuits, breadboarding, soldering)
- Interfacing (connecting electronics to the computer and controlling it from software, input and output, such as switches and LED lights)
- Teaching Computer Technology
*One year of work experience can be interpreted as 1,700 hours of work experience.
**If you are using Secondary School Teaching Experience to be eligible for this course, your principal must sign a letter that includes the length of time you taught in total, the course codes for each Tech Course you taught, as well as the length of time (in semesters) that you taught each course.
***If you were self-employed you must submit a sworn affidavit, a business license, proof of income and a letter from a major supplier/customer to confirm your 5 years of work experience.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.