||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
The specialist course in Health and Physical Education (H & PE), Primary and Junior, will introduce you to different leadership styles and advanced Ministry curriculum document review. You will also have the opportunity to converse with colleagues with a vast array of experience and knowledge, serving to enrich your learning experience and inform your practice. You will build on your learning in Parts 1 and 2 by creating a professional leadership portfolio. The course allows you to focus on the leadership aspects related to the instruction of Health and Physical Education, Primary and Junior, through professional collaboration and learning. In addition, you will explore relevant theory to further your understanding of curriculum documents and resources, and of healthy child development. You will have the opportunity to participate in group discussions on important and current issues related to Health and Physical Education as well as demonstrate your learning using practical and theoretical experiences. The culminating task will consist of completing a leadership project that will allow application of skills, knowledge, and understanding for other educators.
In this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- reinforce the knowledge and skills acquired in Parts 1 and 2
- explore effective practices in H & PE
- focus on fostering student and teacher leadership
- review curriculum documents, current resources related to H & PE
- expand your knowledge of assessment and evaluation practices to better understand how to effectively create and lead within a positive and safe learning environment You will complete activities that will allow you to:
- actively collaborate with your peers
- search relevant journals and websites
- engage in an inquiry related to H & PE
- engage in reflective practice
- create a bank of classroom-ready ideas and resources
- OCT Membership showing completion of Part 2.
- CONFIRMATION OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE FORM Signed by a Supervisory Official* from your School Board confirming that you have two years (388 days) of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher, one year (194 days) of which is in the subject area of this course.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines "Supervisory Official" as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. A principal or headmaster is not recognized in this capacity. For a teacher employed by a private school, the "supervisory official" is the Ministry of Education official (Education Officer) appointed to your school. For overseas experience the appropriate Supervisory Official is the person your Principal reports to.
**Please note that a new form is always required for a Part 3 (Specialist) course as experience is course/subject specific.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.