||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
The underlying purpose of the Additional Qualification course Honour Specialist Health and Physical Education is to focus on curriculum leadership. The course addresses contexts and theories underpinning the study of Health and Physical Education. Pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and evaluation, technology, child and adolescent development related to program planning and implementation are addressed. Candidates will explore leadership issues in various ways including independent reading and reflection. Candidates will work with colleagues in the class and participate in projects including a course culminating activity which is designed to synthesize learning from the course for application to teaching practice. The course is designed to promote strategies that support students' conceptual development and enduring understandings. This leadership course has been developed for teachers who already have a deep level of learning about subject content and pedagogy gained from practical teaching experience, professional reading and previous course work.
Topics in this course include:
- Learning about teaching Healthy Active Living Education
- Current issues and trends in physical and health education
- Available research and literature
- The case for/against co-educational physical and health education
- Effective leadership, decision making and communication skills
- Alternative assessment opportunities
- Reflective Dynamic Assignment
1) OCT MEMBERSHIP We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm that your Certificate of Qualifications shows certification in at least two teaching divisions (Primary, Junior, Intermediate, Senior).
2) YOUR ORIGINAL UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT(S)*
Your transcript(s) must show:
- The equivalent of 9.0 full year undergraduate/graduate courses in this teaching subject with a minimum 'B' average in these courses (Must be a combination of Health AND Phys-ed courses)
- A Bachelor's degree at an accredited university with the equivalent of 20.0 full year courses
3) CONFIRMATION OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE FORM
Signed by a Supervisory Official* from your School Board confirming that you have two years (388 days) of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher, one year (194 days) of which is in the subject area of this course.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines "Supervisory Official" as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. A principal or headmaster is not recognized in this capacity. For a teacher employed by a private school, the "supervisory official" is the Ministry of Education official (Education Officer) appointed to your school. For overseas experience the appropriate Supervisory Official is the person your Principal reports to.
Please note that a new form is always required for a Specialist course as experience is course/subject specific.
*If you completed a Queen's undergrad (at any time), or a B.Ed., Honour Specialist, or an Intermediate or Senior ABQ course with us within the last 4 years you are not required to resend your transcripts.
**If you completed a medial degree and do not have a major you may be eligible for a Combined Honour Specialist. Please see our FAQ's or contact us for more information.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.