||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
|Late Spring 2022
||May 09, 2022 – Jul 01, 2022
||Apr 29, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
Late Spring 2022
- Dates: May 09, 2022 – Jul 01, 2022
- Deadline: Apr 29, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
This Senior Chemistry Additional Basic Qualifications course concentrates on the Senior Chemistry courses of The Ontario Science Curriculum, Grade 11 and 12. Throughout the course you will be using many different resources. Of these, two will be used a great deal: the Internet, and various online journals accessed through Queen’s library. You will find detailed instructions on how to access each of these as you progress through the course. As a candidate in this ABQ course in Senior Chemistry you will be looking at ways to continually grow as an educator, through researching and using various teaching tools and resources, through open discussions and communications with other educators, and through self-analysis of your teaching methods. The emphasis in this course is on the development of student-centred learning strategies that support students’ conceptual development and promote enduring understanding of Chemistry and Science in general.
The course will ask you for 125 hours of reading, writing, and thinking about:
- the Chemistry curriculum and recent research on how it is taught
- how we teach Chemistry
- what resources can help us to improve our teaching and delivery of the curriculum
- how we assess and evaluate our students
- how we communicate with other educators, students, parents, and administration
- what enduring knowledge and skills our students take away from their learning
Your tasks will cover areas such as:
- analyzing your own teaching and learning styles
- reflecting on your practice of teaching Chemistry (lessons, demos, labs) • collaborate with colleagues
- communicating your understanding of teaching and the roles you play
- developing several different types of lesson plans and ultimately a unit plan (you will have several valuable units from the Senior Chemistry curriculum to take away adapt and use in your own teaching)
- developing a plan for ongoing improvement of teaching, learning, and communicating
- OCT MEMBERSHIP We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm you are an OCT member with an undergraduate degree.
- YOUR UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT(S)*
Your transcript(s) must show: The equivalent of 3.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses in Chemistry/Biochemistry or the equivalent of 2.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses if you already hold another senior qualification.
*If you completed a Queen's undergrad (at any time), or a B.Ed., Honour Specialist, or an Intermediate or Senior ABQ course with us within the last 4 years you are not required to resend your transcripts.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.