||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
Learn about truthful historical and contemporary realities of First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples through the lenses of Indigenous stories, arts, voices, perspectives and worldviews and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action. Discover resources and gain insights into teaching Intermediate History and Geography and Grade 9 and 10 courses in the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Studies curriculum.
In this course, you’ll have the opportunity to
- explain your learning around the truth of historical and contemporary realities of Canada’s three distinct Indigenous groups: First Nations, Métis and Inuit
- distinguish your understanding of First Nations, Métis and Inuit connections to land, air and water
- analyze legislature, policies and practices that affect and impact Indigenous Peoples
- summarize your learning about Indigenous Peoples’ activism, resilience, survivance and creativity
- demonstrate understanding of the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Studies curriculum (Grades 9 and 10) as well as the History and Geography curriculum (Grades 7 and 8) and other policies, and apply them to facilitating Intermediate students’ learning
- design lessons and learning activities for Intermediate students that centre Indigenous perspectives and engage with Indigenous education frameworks and protocols
- share your learning about local Indigenous communities and organize community-based and professional learning
- reflect on your learning and plan your own actions toward reconciliation through intentional classroom practices
- OCT MEMBERSHIP We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm you are an OCT member with an undergraduate degree.
- YOUR UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT(S)*
Your transcript(s) must show: The equivalent of 3.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses in First Nations. Metis, and Inuit Studies or the equivalent of 2.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses if you already hold another intermediate qualification.
Courses may come from various disciplines (including, Geography, History, Literature, Sociology, Anthropology) but the main focus of the course must be First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples in order to be considered (e.g. Canadian History may count if the focus of the course is demonstrated to be Indigenous issues in Canada)
*If you completed a Queen's undergrad (at any time), or a B.Ed., Honour Specialist, or an Intermediate or Senior ABQ course with us within the last 4 years you are not required to resend your transcripts.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.