||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
As stated in the Grade 9-10 Ontario Business Studies curriculum, “business activity affects the daily lives of all Canadians as they work, spend, save, invest, travel and play. (…) Young people need to understand how business functions, the role it plays in our society, the opportunities it generates, the skills it requires, and the impact it can have on their daily lives.” (p. 3) By completing the Additional Basic Qualification course, Intermediate Division Business Studies, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to successfully teach Grade 9-10 Business Studies. You will develop a better understanding of the theoretical foundations of Business Studies, and the five critical areas of learning: Business Skills; Communication; Digital Literacy; Financial Literacy; and Ethical, Moral and Legal Considerations.
The Intermediate Division Business Studies AQ course directs you to explore Ministry curriculum, policies and guidelines, as well as a variety of resources within and beyond the educational system, serving to enhance your professional knowledge in this field. Also embedded in this course, is the time to engage in professional dialogue with your colleagues and share the products of your learning with others.
In this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Review the High School Business Program and explore the various business programs offered at your local school board
- Deepen your understanding of the adolescent learner and how to best meet their diverse educational needs
- Explore relevant and engaging teaching strategies and resources, including digital material and technological tools
- Develop integrated lesson plans based on the Business Studies curriculum as well as other curriculum and support documents.
- Create a project-based learning assignment that includes effective assessment practices based on clearly identified learning goals
- OCT MEMBERSHIP We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm you are an OCT member with an undergraduate degree.
- YOUR UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT(S)*
Your transcript(s) must show: The equivalent of 3.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses in Business or the equivalent of 2.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses if you already hold another intermediate qualification. For Intermediate Business, courses in Commerce, Economics, Human Resources, Marketing, Management, etc. are accepted.
*If you completed a Queen's undergrad (at any time), or a B.Ed., Honour Specialist, or an Intermediate or Senior ABQ course with us within the last 4 years you are not required to resend your transcripts.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.