||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
||Mar 25, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
- Deadline: Mar 25, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
Welcome to Cooperative Education Specialist. Cooperative education provides a bridge to the world beyond the classroom. It opens doors to opportunities and experiences that strengthen and enrich classroom learning. The individual nature of placement experience and the flexibility that the program demands of teachers can be challenging. But the program can also provide great possibilities for leadership, personal growth, and wonderful relationships for students and teachers alike.
Cooperative education gives students a way to explore how their aptitudes, attitude, interests, knowledge, and skills can be blended in the best possible way. It can also provide information that is beneficial to their planning beyond high school about career paths they may or may not want to pursue. In your role as an experienced specialist in the subject area, you will be able to enrich, expand, and facilitate the best learning experiences possible for your students.
In this course you will have the opportunity to:
- understand that preplacement/integration and placement process and activities are integral to the success of a co-op program
- explore ways that cooperative education is often built on collaborative relationships
- create, organize, collect, and use information and activities to make cooperative education meaningful and significant to a wide range of students
- identify ways to link cooperative education and experiential learning to other curriculum and other departments in the school
- learn how to design, structure, implement, and deliver a successful cooperative education program for a wide range of students with varied backgrounds, interests, and issues
- appreciate the reasons for reflective practice in cooperative education
- OCT Membership showing completion of Part 2.
- CONFIRMATION OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE FORM Signed by a Supervisory Official* from your School Board confirming that you have two years (388 days) of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher, one year (194 days) of which is in the subject area of this course.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines "Supervisory Official" as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. A principal or headmaster is not recognized in this capacity. For a teacher employed by a private school, the "supervisory official" is the Ministry of Education official (Education Officer) appointed to your school. For overseas experience the appropriate Supervisory Official is the person your Principal reports to.
**Please note that a new form is always required for a Part 3 (Specialist) course as experience is course/subject specific.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.