||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
||Mar 25, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
- Deadline: Mar 25, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
In previous Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction courses, the focus was on building a solid foundation around technology use and classroom-integration techniques. In the Specialist course, the emphasis is on leadership skills and teacher productivity. This course prepares you to take on a broader role in the educational technology community. It guides you in how to assist in your school and facilitate board objectives. Its focus is on designing, planning, implementing, and evaluating effective uses of technology. Interactive websites, feature-rich software, and sleek, high-tech tools do little to foster the effective use of technology. Educational technology requires strong leadership and creative modelling to support full integration by teachers and administrators. The right technology can enhance teaching and learning, reach out to the community, and nurture professional development. Technology demands good leadership, creativity, and perseverance.
In this course you will have the opportunity to:
- work with your school administrator to plan for the integration of technology use within defined school and board targets
- leverage the use of online technology to communicate with communities, both local and global
- model appropriate strategies for continued growth in technology use
- develop your own Personal Learning Network
- assist teachers in using computers as productivity tools
- identify resources and participate in professional development activities that support the integration of technology
- OCT Membership showing completion of Part 2.
- CONFIRMATION OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE FORM Signed by a Supervisory Official* from your School Board confirming that you have two years (388 days) of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher, one year (194 days) of which is in the subject area of this course.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines "Supervisory Official" as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. A principal or headmaster is not recognized in this capacity. For a teacher employed by a private school, the "supervisory official" is the Ministry of Education official (Education Officer) appointed to your school. For overseas experience the appropriate Supervisory Official is the person your Principal reports to.
**Please note that a new form is always required for a Part 3 (Specialist) course as experience is course/subject specific.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.