||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
||Mar 25, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
- Deadline: Mar 25, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
Innovative leaders are defined by their core values, action-oriented vision, and ability to discern conditions that motivate and sustain progressive growth. In a world of complex circumstances and unpredictable change, school leaders must be equipped with the necessary competencies to successfully develop a dynamic team and fulfill the school’s mission. Principals must be integrative system thinkers who lean into uncertainty by trusting in values, challenging the status quo and transforming school culture by galvanizing stakeholders into strategic action. Your role as a school leader is central to the development of an equitable and inclusive organization. It promotes the success of every person in your sphere of influence.
The Principal’s Qualification Program, Part 2, prepares you for successful school leadership by putting your potential into practice. Throughout this collaborative and inquiry-based course, you’ll build your professional network through roundtable discussions and further your capacity by:
- critically investigating catalysts for impactful change and sustainable school improvement focused on purpose and continuous growth
- fostering a climate of shared leadership and culturally responsive and relevant pedagogy
- strengthening relationships to cultivate coherence through authentic dialogue and collaborative organizational accountability
- investigating innovative strategies that empower individuals and teams to take intellectual risks for deep learning
- consolidating research, legislation and practice to anticipate challenges, analyze procedures and proactively establish supports for efficient school operations through ethical decision-making
The Asynchronous Learning
100 hours of self-directed learning (with an additional 1 hour for progress updates), including the independent work on assignments and culminating tasks, independent study, research, journal entries and ePortfolio submissions
- 6 hours of synchronous learning (live webinars)
- 8 hours in collaborative tasks with peers
- 10 hours responding to discussion posts
The Leadership Practicum
The leadership practicum is a required component of the Principal’s Qualification Program, Part 2. It’s a leadership experience that applies the knowledge and skills learned throughout this course to a practical theory of action that is research-based and founded on your professional inquiry.
The duration of the leadership practicum will be a minimum of 60 hours of which 20 hours could be observation. It’s an educational inquiry experience guided by the Leadership Framework for Principals and Vice-Principals found in Ontario Leadership Framework. The leadership practicum must apply to a school setting and be mentored by a practicing, OCT certified, fully qualified, experienced principal or vice-principal.
Candidates will successfully complete the leadership practicum experience within the duration of the course. While the CTE at Queen’s University allows up to 2 years to complete and approve the practicum requirements from the end of the course, we encourage our candidates to finish the practicum within the duration of the course. The leadership practicum must be completed and approved for PQP Part 2 to be recommended to the OCT.
Completion of PQP Part 1 in an acceptable documentation issued by the OCT certification
This course has no required resources.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.