||Jan 22, 2024 – Apr 05, 2024
||Jan 12, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Jan 16, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Jan 18, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Apr 08, 2024 – Jun 07, 2024
||Mar 29, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Apr 02, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Apr 04, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Jun 24, 2024 – Aug 09, 2024
||Jun 14, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Jun 18, 2024 at 4pm ET
||Jun 20, 2024 at 4pm ET
Deadline dates are subject to change.
- Course Dates: Jan 22, 2024 – Apr 05, 2024
- Application Deadline: Jan 12, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Document Deadline: Jan 16, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Payment Deadline: Jan 18, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Course Dates: Apr 08, 2024 – Jun 07, 2024
- Application Deadline: Mar 29, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Document Deadline: Apr 02, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Payment Deadline: Apr 04, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Course Dates: Jun 24, 2024 – Aug 09, 2024
- Application Deadline: Jun 14, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Document Deadline: Jun 18, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Payment Deadline: Jun 20, 2024 at 4pm ET
Welcome to a journey through time. Never has history played a greater role on the world stage, although Herodotus might debate this observation. If we are the memory bearers for our society, then we have a challenging duty. Neil Postman remarks in Teaching as a Conserving Activity (1979) that every teacher must be a History teacher. "To teach about the atom without Democritus, to teach political theory without Aristotle or Machiavelli, to teach music without Hayden, is to refuse our students access to The Great Conversation." Will we play the judge or simply record what actually happened? Given Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, can we ever really know an event or personality? Learning is a result of inquiry, experiences, and interchange with others. Therefore, communicating with others in this course is vital to everyone's success.
In this course you will have the opportunity to:
- explore the Ontario curriculum, supports, and resources
- critically explore and apply various theoretical frameworks underpinning this additional qualification course in the design, assessment, and implementation of practices and/or programs
- critically reflect on teaching practice and engage in professional discussions regarding the relationship between theory and practice
- explore and employ a range of instructional strategies to support student learning, resilience, and well-being
- critically reflect on the integration of culturally inclusive pedagogies in program design, planning, and development
- explore strategies for promoting active citizenship
- examine strategies to foster professional learning networks, as well as partnerships with parents and community stakeholders
1) OCT MEMBERSHIP
We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm you are an OCT member with an undergraduate degree.
2) YOUR UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT(S)*
Your transcript(s) must show: The equivalent of 3.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses in History or the equivalent of 2.0 full-year undergraduate/graduate courses if you already hold another senior qualification.
*If you completed a Queen's undergrad (at any time), or a B.Ed., Honour Specialist, or an Intermediate or Senior ABQ course with us within the last 4 years you are not required to resend your transcripts.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall 2023||Nov 04, 2023||Dec 08, 2023|
|Fall/Winter 2023||Dec 23, 2023||Feb 09, 2024|
|Winter 2024||Feb 27, 2024||Apr 05, 2024|
|Late Winter 2024||Mar 20, 2024||Apr 19, 2024|
|Spring 2024||May 08, 2024||Jun 07, 2024|
|Late Spring 2024||Jun 01, 2024||Jun 28, 2024|
|Summer 2024||Jul 17, 2024||Aug 09, 2024|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Nov 04, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Dec 08, 2023
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 23, 2023
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 09, 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 27, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 05, 2024
Late Winter 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 20, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 19, 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 08, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 07, 2024
Late Spring 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 01, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 28, 2024
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 17, 2024
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 09, 2024
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.