||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
||Mar 25, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
- Deadline: Mar 25, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
Becoming a leader in your school and community is an important aspect of teaching. This course will increase your confidence, ability and knowledge to allow you to lead your colleagues and students to reach their full potential. This hands-on course encourages you to push your understanding of early learning to new heights and incorporate engaging, thought provoking and inclusive practices to meet the needs of all students across Ontario.
In this course, you’ll learn about
- creating, developing and building partnerships in the school and community
- developing yourself as a leader and showcasing that leadership in the community and school
- increasing your knowledge and confidence in bringing Indigenous education and understanding into the classroom
- incorporating cultural heritage into programming in appropriate and meaningful ways
- engaging students across the four frames by integrating the arts into your programming
- critically analyzing your approach to teaching, documenting and assessing math and literacy skills
- building on your understanding of current and meaningful assessment and documentation strategies to also include self-evaluations for your students
1) OCT Membership showing completion of Part 2.
2) CONFIRMATION OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE FORM Signed by a Supervisory Official* from your School Board confirming that you have two years (388 days) of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher, one year (194 days) of which is in the subject area of this course.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines "Supervisory Official" as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. A principal or headmaster is not recognized in this capacity.
For a teacher employed by a private school, the "supervisory official" is the Ministry of Education official (Education Officer) appointed to your school. For overseas experience the appropriate Supervisory Official is the person your Principal reports to.
**Please note that a new form is always required for a Part 3 (Specialist) course as experience is course/subject specific.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.