||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
In this course, candidates will explore adult learning theory and best practices. By the end of the course, candidates will understand the unique needs of adult learners. Adults need to see that what they’re learning is relevant. They also want it to meet their needs for independence and personal connection. Candidates will also recognize that adult learning is not without challenges. Culture, experience, and relationships all shape students’ perspectives and motivation. This course will help adult educators to design positive learning environments. It will explore strategies and resources to engage and empower learners. Candidates will apply theory and policy guidelines to plan, deliver, and assess learning. Reflection and self-directed learning will enhance their professional knowledge and skills.
Course Learning Expectations In this course you will have the opportunity to:
- use adult learning theory to help understand adult learners and improve your teaching practice
- apply principles of universal design, differentiated instruction, and the tiered approach to design lessons that accommodate the strengths, needs, and interests of all learners
- recognize factors that affect adult learning relationships and student engagement to build positive learning environments
- explore instructional strategies, assessment tools, and resources to meet the needs of the adult learner
- identify effective strategies for promoting communication and collaboration that support students’ learning, resiliency, and well-being
- create a digital teaching and learning Portfolio to assess and document your professional growth
We will use the OCT number you provide during online registration to confirm that you are an OCT member.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.