||Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
||Jan 14, 2022
||Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
||Mar 25, 2022
||Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
||Jun 17, 2022
- Dates: Jan 24, 2022 – Apr 08, 2022
- Deadline: Jan 14, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Apr 11, 2022 – Jun 10, 2022
- Deadline: Mar 25, 2022
- Status: Open
- Dates: Jun 27, 2022 – Aug 12, 2022
- Deadline: Jun 17, 2022
- Status: Open
Registration will remain open until 4pm EST on the posted registration deadline date.
What are the hallmarks of a leader whose legacy is one of innovation, transformation and inclusion? How do influential leaders collaborate with others to create a just society? Principals play a critical role in leading activities that change lives. Principals cultivate school cultures that have a vision of purpose and possibility, by inspiring and motivating stakeholders. Your work as a school leader is key to making a difference in the lives of your students.
The Principal’s Qualification Program, Part 1, is designed for experienced teachers interested in the next step of their leadership journey. Through a lens of collaboration, inquiry and research, you’ll be immersed in the core leadership capacities that develop the foundational knowledge and skills needed for innovative and systemic thinking. In this engaging and supportive course, you will advance your administrative leadership capacity by:
- discerning your values that guide you as a leader and build a shared vision
- developing strong relationships with stakeholders to foster a climate of equity, diversity and excellence
- investigating the legislation and evaluating frameworks to promote informed professional judgement
- integrating research insights and practical strategies to nurture collective efficacy and action
- aligning resources with priorities to maximize operational efficiency
- creating professional learning networks through collaboration and roundtable discussions
The Asynchronous Learning
100 hours of self-directed learning (with an additional 1 hour for progress updates), including the independent work on assignments and culminating tasks, independent study, research, journal entries and ePortfolio submissions
- 6 hours of synchronous learning (live webinars)
- 8 hours in collaborative tasks with peers
- 10 hours responding to discussion posts
At the start of the course, candidates will select a mentor who will agree to work with them throughout the duration of the Leadership Practicum. The mentor is an OCT certified, fully qualified, experienced, and practicing principal or vice-principal.
The Leadership Practicum Proposal
At the end of this course, you’ll design a leadership practicum proposal based on your pedagogical inquiry, integrate your learning with the Ontario Leadership Framework's domains, and demonstrate your capacity as a critically reflective leader.
Candidates will develop a leadership practicum proposal before being recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers for PQP, Part 1.
- OCT certification
- Five years teaching experience (Supervisory Officer Signature Form)
- Qualifications in three divisions (one of which must be Intermediate)
- One of:
- At least 30 graduate postsecondary credits or their equivalent (master or doctorate), or
- Two specialists, or
- One specialist and a half master’s degree
This course has no required resources.
Applicants who require accommodations for a specific learning need (e.g., learning disability) within their AQ/ABQ course, should click here for further information and support.
Have a question? Contact us!
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
||100% Refund Deadline
||50% Refund Deadline
|Fall/Winter 2021||Dec 24, 2021||Feb 11, 2022|
|Winter 2022||Feb 25, 2022||Apr 08, 2022|
|Late Winter 2022||Mar 18, 2022||Apr 22, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May 06, 2022||Jun 10, 2022|
|Late Spring 2022||Jun 03, 2022||Jul 01, 2022|
|Summer 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 12, 2022|
|Late Summer 2022||Sep 02, 2022||Sep 30, 2022|
- 100% Refund Deadline: Dec 24, 2021
- 50% Refund Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Feb 25, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 08, 2022
Late Winter 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Mar 18, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Apr 22, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: May 06, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jun 10, 2022
Late Spring 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jun 03, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Jul 01, 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Jul 15, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
Late Summer 2022
- 100% Refund Deadline: Sep 02, 2022
- 50% Refund Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
For more about our refund policies, visit our Fees & Refunds page.